Salt Systems for Your Pool
Having a salt pool
Despite the name, salt water pools aren’t anywhere near as salty as sea water (they have about 1/10 the salinity). So, if you think swimming in a salt water pool is like swimming in the ocean, think again. Strictly speaking, salt water pools are not chlorine free. Rather, these systems create their own chlorine using salt through a process called electrolysis. The real difference is that you don’t have to add chlorine directly to the water. Some great advantages to salt pools are that chlorine levels are generally lower with a salt generator. People who are sensitive to chlorine often report fewer irritations when using these pools. If you have a water softener in your home, you know that the addition of salt makes water feel smooth and silky to the touch – like rain water. Most people prefer this to the sometimes-abrasive feel of chlorinated water. Pool maintenance is more "hands-off" with a salt water system, as the salt cell simply produces chlorine as needed. That said, you still have to monitor chlorine levels periodically to make sure everything is working okay.
Pool World uses an advanced salt system as a great alternative to harsher chlorine additives. The IntelliChlor salt cell uses salt to produce all the chlorine a pool needs, safely, effectively and automatically. It provides the same sanitation performance as harsh chlorine additives without the drawbacks.
- Push-button operation and easy-to-view displays enable fast checking of salt levels, cell cleanliness, sanitizer output and water flow
- Automatic shut-off feature protects the unit and prolongs cell life under low-water-temperature conditions
- On-time cycling prevents calcium and scale buildup to maximize cell life
- Communicates with our EasyTouch® Automation Systems
- Water and dissolved salt flow through the generator cell.
- Through electrolysis it is converted into chlorine.
- Chlorinated water is returned to the pool. Once the chlorine has finished purifying the pool of contaminants, it reverts back into salt and the cycle repeats.
- With IntelliChlor, you can choose from one of five sanitizing levels. Just push the button, and you’re done. Plus, IntelliChlor eliminates the need to buy, carry, store and handle chlorine. It also means no more spills, odor, stinging eyes or irritated skin.